Terre Haute, Ind. – For the second year, Downtown Terre Haute will host a sprawling and unique egg hunt that celebrates the businesses that make up downtown.
Beginning Friday, March 31 through Sunday, April 9, participating downtown businesses will be hiding and handing out eggs – many with goodies inside!
Egg-hunters are encouraged to pick up a “passport” at any participating location or online, which will guide them to participating businesses. With each visit – and egg found – egg-hunters will receive a stamp at that location. Once a participant collects 12 stamps on their passport, they may turn it in for a chance to win a basket full of prizes (up to $250 value). There will be two baskets, one for the youth winner and one for the adult winner.
Participants can submit a photo of their card via email to email@example.com, or turn in their physical copy to the Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce office, located at 630 Wabash Ave Suite 105.
“This event encourages people to explore Downtown Terre Haute in a fun and engaging way,” said Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce Membership and Programs Coordinator Lindsey English. “Downtown Terre Haute is made up of so many great businesses, attractions and organizations. This event is our way to show the community just how much downtown has to offer.”
Additional criteria and a list of participating businesses can be found below or via downtownterrehaute.com.
- Passports can be obtained at any participating location.
- Participating businesses will be listed on the passport.
- Businesses will be provided with stamps to use on participant passports.
- Participants will write in the name of the business to receive their stamp.
- Participants may only receive one stamp per participating business.
- Businesses may have the eggs hidden within their store, sitting out at a front desk, or outside of the store front: it’s up to them!
- Prize basket winners will be awarded online.
- Stamps are only available during each businesses’ standard business hours.
- Afterburner Brewing Company
- Ambro’s OMG Bar & Grill
- CENTURY 21 Elite
- Emerald Skinn
- Federal Coffee + Fine Foods
- Greek’s Pizzeria
- Hendrich Title Company
- Indiana State University Welcome Center
- J. Ford’s Black Angus
- M. Mogger’s Restaurant & Pub
- Morgan Stanley
- Muse Art
- Saratoga Restaurant
- Scout’s Pizzeria
- Swope Art Museum
- Taco Luv
- Terminal Public House
- Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce
- Terre Haute Children’s Museum
- Terre Haute Convention Center
- The Verve
- United Way of the Wabash Valley
- Vigo County History Center
- Vigo County Public Library
- Wellness Box Inc.