A Message from the Chamber Regarding COVID-19
As a business in West Central Indiana, we know that it can be hard to interpret the ongoing stream of information regarding COVID-19. To continue one of the main functions of the Chamber of Commerce, we are here to provide real-time, hands-on information that can be useful to our member businesses while making key decisions.
In 2021, we continue to update and push out vital information to our members and the business community.
Resources from 2020 can be found at the bottom of this page.
News from the State of Indiana
View details on Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb's Back on Track plan.
- All Executive Orders signed by Governor Holcomb.
Indiana's Critical Industries can access answers to their specific questions via the Critical Industries website.
Guidance on Essential and Non-Essential Businesses - For additional information on what is considered an essential business, visit the US Dept of Homeland Security – CISA – Guidance on Critical Infrastructure.
General Information and Financial Resources 2021:
Thrive West Central, an innovative regional driver dedicated to enhancing community assets while improving the overall quality of life in West Central Indiana, announced the launch of Resilient, a regional recovery and resiliency plan to help our communities thrive. Resilient was made possible through the $400,000 Economic Development Administration (EDA) CARES Act Recovery Assistance grant that Thrive received in August.
Thrive will spend the next several months engaging and conversing with a diverse group of stakeholders to gain a clear picture of the regional challenges and opportunities posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. This comprehensive data collection and analysis process will culminate in the publication of a recovery and resiliency plan that will serve as a guide for communities as they look to emerge from the pandemic and work to rebuild their communities.
Resilient will specifically look to engage with stakeholders and communities in Clay, Parke, Putnam, Sullivan, Vermillion and Vigo Counties.
For first steps of in the stakeholder engagement process, Thrive is seeking responses to their COVID-19 economic endurance survey. The data collected from this survey will provide critical insight into the most pressing economic challenges caused by COVID-19.
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP):
We are closely following developments in 2021. New information is available by clicking here.
Information is updated as we receive details.
In early January 2021 the Small Business Administration and Indiana Small Business Development Center released information regarding PPP.
Please note, the best source of information regarding the PPP is your local bank. Also, consult your attorney and/or accountant for specific regulations and guidelines for your industry.
Employee Retention Credit:
Additional Financial Resources:
- ISBDC: Statewide List of Financial Resources, including offers from local financial institutions/loan programs.
- Old National Bank – Financial Resources
- Fifth Third Bank – Lessening financial strain on customers
- Bankable – QuickBridge loan to help small businesses bridge gaps while waiting on funding
- RJL Solutions - COVID-19 Funding Guide (PDF)
- NEW January 2021 information available! LISC Small Business Relief Grants (Priority will be given especially to entrepreneurs of color, women- and veteran-owned businesses and other enterprises in historically under-served places who don’t have access to flexible, affordable capital.)
General Resources from 2020
Additional PPP Information Links (2020):
- US Chamber – Emergency Loans Small Business Guide
- US Chamber - Independent Contractor’s Guide to CARES Act Relief
- US Dept of Treasury – Assistance for Small Businesses (Links to PPP loan applications and program details)
- US Dept of Treasury - FAQ's on PPP
Financial Resources (2020):
- ISBDC – COVID-19 Small Business Resource Guide
- ISBDC – Statewide List of Financial Resources (special offers from financial institutions)
- ISBDC – COVID-19 Resources (loan comparisons, tax info and more)
- SBA – Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources (overview of all funding options)
- USDA Federal Rural Resource Guide (PDF)
- Webinars available through Gener8tor Series (employment law, SBA loans and more)
General Business Resources
West Central Indiana Small Business Development Center
Located at Indiana State University, the Indiana Small Business Development Center is a FREE service for small business entrepreneurs. They offer one-on-one meetings and services including marketing, creating business plans, financing information and more.
Emergency Preparedness for Businesses
- OSHA - Workplace Poster to Reduce Workplace Exposure to COVID-19
- Dept of Homeland Security – Brief outline of how to prepare before and respond during a pandemic
- Terre Haute Chamber – COVD-19 Best Practices Guide for Businesses (PDF)
- CDC – Interim Guidance for Businesses/Employers to Plan and Respond to COVID-19
- OSHA – COVID-19 Safety and Health Standards, Control & Prevention
- US Chamber – Free customizable flyer to display in your business
- SHRM – COVID-19 Resources for Members and Non-Members
Resources for Non-Profits
- How Nonprofits and Board Members Can Respond to COVID-19 (Board Source)
- Nonprofits and Coronavirus, COVID-19 (National Council of Nonprofits)
- Free Virtual Conference platform for cancelled events (Higher Logic)
- The CARES Act – Implications for Eligible Nonprofit Organizations (Strook Special Bulletin)