Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies
Looking for a way to let the community know you moved locations or are just getting your business started? Consider hosting a ribbon cutting ceremony!
What The Chamber Does
- Invite the Mayor to attend.
- Invite the local media to cover the ribbon cutting.
- Invite the Chamber Ambassadors to attend and assist.
- Provide the ribbon and scissors.
- Promote the event via the Chamber’s electronic communications.
- Take photos of the event and post to the Chamber’s social media.
What You Need to Know
- Ribbon cuttings are currently available at no charge to Chamber members to help celebrate new business, new location, extensive remodel or special anniversary that has occurred in the past six months.
- Business must be a member of the Chamber in good standing.
- Ribbon cuttings must be held during regular Chamber hours, which are Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm.
- Ribbon Cuttings are usually brief. Some businesses plan a ceremony with guest speakers and an agenda; however, most businesses just have key people make a few remarks.
- The Mayor and the Chamber President (if attending) will make a short presentation.
What You Need to Do
- Complete the Ribbon Cutting Information Form and return to the Chamber. Ribbon cuttings must be scheduled at least two (2) weeks in advance.
- Choose a time convenient to guests. Experience shows that events planned Monday through Friday garner the best attendance and enable officials and Chamber Ambassadors to attend. Celebrations held earlier in the day have a better chance of making the daily news cycle should the media attend.
- Invite customers, vendors, colleagues, family and friends. Send invitations, reach out to local media, put information on your sign or marquee and use your social media/website to promote the celebration.
- After the ribbon is cut plan activities such as a tour of your business for the people who attend. Remember, this is your chance to showcase your business, so take advantage of the situation. Serve refreshments and possibly have a drawing for door prizes. You could also have promotional gifts for your guests with your business information. Make sure to have plenty of business cards and brochures that guests can take with them.