15 May Members News: Meadows plans to celebrate Grand Re-Opening
Meadows plans to celebrate Grand Re-Opening
Almost exactly 62 years after its original Grand Opening, the Meadows announces its Grand Re-Opening, Saturday, May 19. The day’s events include sidewalk sales, non-profit information booths, bounce houses, food, drinks, and more. Free live music performance begins at 6 p.m.
The new owners of the Meadows have been working hard to promote their mission to serve the community as hub for local events and partner to non-profits and small businesses. Just this year, they have added several new businesses including The Classic Man, a new affordable men’s clothing store; Repeat Boutique, which relocated from its 13th street location; Meadows Café, a new business set to open later this month; Antiques at Meadows and Ace Blind & Drapery, which relocated from its 25th street location. In addition, the Farmers Market has relocated to the Meadows and will be operating from 8 a.m. to noon every Saturday, beginning May 19. It is with this growth and excitement that the owners announce their Grand Re-Opening event.
One unique draw the Meadows is planning for its Grand Re-Opening is a recreation of the original Grand Opening parking lot photo. The original Grand Opening is said to have brought an estimated 5,000 visitors to Terre Haute’s east side. At that time, the parking lot, which could hold 1,500 vehicles, was the largest illuminated parking area in the state, and one historical photo of the Grand Opening dated May 1956 shows the parking lot packed full of cars. While the parking lot has changed quite a bit since then, with the addition of some outdoor tenants, the Meadows invites everyone to help fill the lot for the photo which will be taken at 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 19.
Later that evening, Terre Haute native, Ross David will perform live on the patio. A cash bar will be available during the event and guests are invited to bring their own lawn chairs. For more information, follow The Meadows on Facebook (@MeadowsTerreHaute) or visit www.meadowsterrehaute.com.
Schedule of Events
· All Day – Sidewalk Sales – Ace Blind & Drapery, Antiques at Meadows, The Classic Man, Darrell’s Diamonds, Repeat Boutique, Stein Mart
· All Day – Food & Drinks – MCL, Meadows Café, Royal Mandarin
· All Day – Bounce Houses on the patio
· 8 am – 12 pm – Farmers Market
· 12 pm – 6 pm – Non-Profit Informational Booths
· 12 pm – 2 pm – Live Remote Broadcast with HI-99 (Give-away with prizes from Ace Blind & Drapery, Stein Mart, MCL, and more)
· 2 pm – Fill the Parking Lot! Recreation of Original Grand Re-Opening photo (see attached)
· 5:30 pm – 6 pm – Teresa’s School of Dance performs
· 6 pm – 8:30 pm – Cash bar on the patio
· 6 pm – 6:30 pm – Live music performance from local student talent
· 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm – Live music performance by Ross David (photo attached)