09 Jan Chamber Announces New Board Positions, Volunteer Leadership for 2020
Chamber Announces New Board Positions, Volunteer Leadership for 2020
Terre Haute, Ind. – The Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce the new Board of Directors positions and volunteer leadership for the 2020 calendar year.
As stated in the Chamber’s bylaws, the Board of Directors assume a new Chair of the Board each year. Those positions, along with new committee and task force members are also added as the Chamber’s community and business initiatives grow.
Sara Smith, Vice President of Sycamore Engineering, will serve as the 2020 Chair of the Board. Smith recently served as the Chamber Advocacy Co-Chair, along with John Collett of Wabash Valley Asphalt. Involved with the Chamber for many years, Smith was honored by the Chamber during the 2010 Annual Meeting as the Athena Award recipient.
“Our community is in a great position, with so many new opportunities on the horizon,” Smith says. “I look forward to working with the Board and the staff to continue the work that was done in 2019 on the Community Plan and many other initiatives.”
Along with continued work in Advocacy for the 2020 Legislative Session at the Indiana Statehouse, the Chamber continues to work on the “See You In Terre Haute” Community Plan. The plan’s co-chairs and committees have already began work in the new year. The Chamber plans to announce the new Director of Community Development later this month.
“The new year is always a time of new beginnings and this is certainly true for the Chamber,” says Chamber President Kristin Craig. “We have a lot going on, with a lot of excitement from our Board and volunteers. At this time I encourage other members to get involved; whether it’s joining a Community Plan task force, one of the other Chamber committees, Leadership Connect or the Chamber Ambassadors. There are so many opportunities to grow your business, yourself and West Central Indiana.”
Additional leadership positions for 2020 include:
- Brian Kooistra, Garmong Construction – Immediate Past Chair
- John Collett, Wabash Valley Asphalt – First Vice Chair/Advocacy
- Ellie Caldwell, Sackrider & Company – Vice Chair/Treasurer
- Bernice Helman, Coldwell Banker, Troy Helman Realtors – Vice Chair of Nominating
- Marla Flowers, Garmong Construction Services – Vice Chair of Downtown Terre Haute (Main Street)
- Nathan Vooys, Regional Hospital – Vice Chair of Community Programs
- Curt Wilkinson, Wilkinson, Goeller, Modesitt, Wilkinson & Drummy – Vice Chair of Governance