Celebrate Small Business Week, Support Fellow Chamber Members
It is National Small Business Week! Chamber President Kristin Craig reflects on the importance -and relevance of small business in our community.
We’ve always known that small businesses are the lifeblood of our economy, something that became even more apparent over the course of the past year. As we watched so many of our hardworking, dedicated and resourceful small business owners face hardship and quickly adapt, their strength and resilience was more apparent than ever. This was especially the case in West Central Indiana.
A few quick facts about small businesses:
- 31.7 small businesses in the US
- From 2000 to 2019, small businesses created 10.5 million net
- new jobs while large businesses created 5.6 million
- Small businesses have accounted for 65.1% of net new job
- creation since 2000
- 99.4% of businesses in Indiana are small
- 1.2M jobs across the state are supported by small businesses
This week, during National Small Business Week, take a minute to support these businesses and thank them for their incredible contributions. The Chamber is fortunate to work with an incredible group of small business owners (over 80% of our membership is made up of small businesses) and support them through marketing, promotion, advocacy, community development and much more.