Community Plan Priorities
The See You In Terre Haute Community Plan pillars have not changed since 2019. However, as projects are completed and new opportunities arise, the community plan is flexible to meet new challenges. Below, you'll see highlights of the main current priorities of each pillar.
Overall Goal: Strengthen the community’s basic structures, facilities, and services.
- Neighborhood Revitalization
Overall Goal: Bring more visitors to Terre Haute and create a better visitor experience.
- Improving Gateways to Community
- Preparing Businesses for Tourism
- See You In Terre Haute Branding
- Creating New Experiences for Visitors
- Sports and Recreation Opportunities
Economic Development Pillar
Overall Goal: Increase the development of small business.
- Business Expansion
- Support Existing Businesses
- West Central Business Hub
Health & Wellness Pillar
Overall Goal: Improve community health outcomes.
- Substance Use
- Mental Health
- Physical Activity
Quality of Life Pillar
Overall Goal: Enhance the community’s overall sense of place and quality of life.
- Wabash Riverfront
- Community Gathering Places
- Public/Private Partnerships
Talent Attraction/Retention Pillar
Overall Goal: Retain talent/graduates from Terre Haute and attract talent outside the region.
- Reputation Management/Perception