Dear Community Business Leader,
We’re all familiar with the federal Census, so with that in mind, the Chamber and See You in Terre Haute Community Plan are putting the focus on a local level, asking for the “Community Census” survey to be taken twice a year by at least 1,000 people in four different populations; Terre Haute Residents, College Students, Terre Haute High School Students and Visitors to Terre Haute.
The information gathered through the Census survey will give the leaders of the See You In Terre Haute Community Plan a better understanding of overall feelings, opinions and impressions of the area. With this new data, the six Community Plan Task Forces can shape plans, establish goals and determine the direction moving forward.
- Let us know you would like to participate. Email Lindsey English – email@example.com to sign up as a participating business. Our team will provide signage and other materials to display in your business and online.
- Encourage employees to take the survey! Have down time at the office or during a staff meeting? Take the time to complete the survey! Businesses could even offer employee incentives for those who have taken it.
- Restaurants are asked to participate by featuring information, but also offer discounts for patrons who have taken the survey. On Community Census Day, those who have taken the survey and can show a completed submission page would receive a small discount on their meal, coffee, etc. This is only a suggestion, as we understand all business is still recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Spread the word! Tell your friends, family, employees and more about the survey and how they can get involved.We’ve included information and graphics to be used on your business and personal social media. Please share!
- As an added incentive, those who complete the survey will be entered into a drawing for up to $250 in gift cards.
Still have questions? Let us know! Contact Josh Alsip, firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- The survey can only be taken one time.
- Everyone who completes the survey will be entered in to win one of five $50 gift cards.
- You must finish the entire survey to qualify for the prize.
- Your e-mail address will not be shared with anyone and you will not receive additional communications unless you opt-in to our newsletters.
- Demographic information will not be sold and will only be used for the purposes of Community Development.
Community Plan Census
About the Co-Chairs
Have Questions About the Community Plan?Josh Alsip
Director of Community Engagement