If you're ready to kick-off 2023 with your health and wellness goals, this guide is for you! The Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce has launched "Healthy Habits" sponsored by Valley Professionals Community Health Center - a promotion highlighting the community health focused businesses and assets aimed to help local residents navigate their personal wellness goals with a one-stop guide for nutrition, fitness, and well-being.
The Healthy Habits promotion will run online with features via social media throughout the entire month of January. Here you will find a comprehensive list of services, products, classes, initiatives or support groups to help you start that habit (or kick one).
Active Nutrition & Supplements
Active Nutrition & Supplements is Terre Haute’s local source of quality supplements. They have top notch product knowledge and customer service, and will price match 115%! Visit www.ansterrehaute.com for more information and product details.
- 10% off weight management
- Up to 25% off exclusive products
- Win up $5000 in cash and prizes through the Transformation Challenge
Afterburner Brewing Company
Looking to start some healthy habits in 2023? How about a Beer and Yoga class at Afterburner Brewing Company? Classes will run from 10:30AM to 11:30AM and include a drink of your choice from one of our taps (water and soft drinks will also be available). Visit Eventbrite to secure your spot!
Common Ground Yoga
Common Ground Yoga's huge schedule and downtown location makes starting your yoga practice as convenient as possible. If you're looking for ways to integrate more movement and self-care into your life, check out the following offers:
Visit a cafe with a view! Corsair Cafe overlooks the Terre Haute Regional Airport runway. Corsair has several healthy options available for breakfast or lunch:
- $9.99 Cobb Salad - Grilled Chicken, Bacon, Greens, Tomato, Hard-Boiled Eggs, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, and Vinaigrette!
- $8.99 Caesar Salad - Crisp Mixed Greens topped with Grilled Chicken, Parmesan, Croutons, and Caesar Dressing!
- $8.99 Crispy Tofu Salad - comes prepared with our Homemade Crispy Tofu, Fresh Greens, Tomatoes, Shredded Cheese and your choice of dressing!
- $6.99 Tofu Scramble - is a terrific vegetarian option with Scrambled Tofu, Cheese, Broccoli, Sautéed Peppers, and Sautéed Onions.
- Breakfast Salad - all the ingredients of our best selling breakfast burrito without the wrap and extra carbs. Your choice of sausage or bacon on a bed of greens topped with crispy chopped tater tots, scrambled eggs, cheese, and our signature creamy hot sauce.
- Kombucha is a great option for those wanting a healthy version of caffeine. Fermented black tea sweetened with sugar, full or probiotics and great for gut health. We carry FermFresh on tap. Apple Cider and Mixed Berry.
Federal Coffee + Fine Foods
Enjoy a little healthy boost with Federal's Swedish Energy Biscuits (V) for $4.50! One of Federal's best selling items, the Energy Biscuit is both high in protein and high in fiber. Made in-house with all natural ingredients, the biscuit includes oats, peanut butter and nuts. A great grab and go item for busy days when you want to stay on track with health and fitness goals. Get them in store or order online.
Contact Hunt's Distributing for all your healthy options this January by calling 812-240-8248 or by visitingfacebook.com/huntsdistributing Be sure to ask about the Preferred Member Program!
- Enjoy 33 days of unlimited classes for $22 -- $11 off the normal price!
- Yoga Challenge for the entire month of January. Attend 10 classes and be entered to win a free month of classes. Attend 15 classes and be entered to win a 60 minute massage.
Visit J. Gumbo's and add on their new $6 side salad! This includes one house-made dressing: Creamy Voodoo, Creole Vinaigrette, Lemon Vinaigrette, Ranch, and Blue Cheese. Online ordering for delivery or pick up at jgumbosterrehaute.com
Pacesetter has been voted the area’s #1 shoe specialist and proudly serve community sports as a provider of top-quality gear for teams and organizations. They offer a variety of your favorite brands including Under Armour, Saucony, North Face, and Nike (just to name a few). Pacesetter is offering the following to help you kickstart your 2023 health and fitness goals:
- 10% off footwear, apparel, and training equipment for the first two weeks of January to kickstart your health and fitness goals for 2023!
Phoenix Elite is the only "members only" facility in Terre Haute with versatile programming. Phoenix Elite is now offering a budget friendly classroom package that will help individuals from all walks of life stay healthy at an affordable price! This private and clean facility allows you to be yourself, change your life, hit fitness goals, and have fun while doing it.
Phoenix Elite is now offering a new classroom package. $125/month provides you the following access:
- HIIT Bootcamp 3x/week
- Unlimited access the listed programs
- YOGA Held by Coach Sara- owner of Yogi Curves. Classes: 6am Tues, 6am Fri, 6pm Thurs, and 10am Saturdays.
- Stretch and Mobility Held by Stacy- owner of Terre Haute Stretch & Mobility. Classes: 5:30pm Mondays, 9am Saturdays.
- Youth Sport Performance held by Dj Shouse- owner of Beast Training. Classes: 6pm Wednesday
- Fit Wave Training HIIT Bootcamps held by Morgan- Owner of Phoenix Elite Gym. Classes: Monday through Thursday at 4pm and 7pm.
- Body-Up Bootcamp Held by Shakia Hughes- Owner of Body Up Bootcamp. Classes: 8am M/W/F’s
- Kids Hip Hop Dance Held by Tj Moore- Owner of The Tj Dance Experience. Class: 6pm on Tuesday’s
Also available: Senior Stretching/Strength Training held by Coach Stacy. Classes: Tuesday and Thursday at 9am.
Purdue Extension of Vigo County
Join Purdue Extension of Vigo County at Wabash Activity Center starting February 1 for A Matter of Balance. This is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls. During this 8 week class, you will learn to view falls as controllable, set goals for increasing activity, make changes to reduce fall risks at home, and exercise to increase strength and balance. Call 812-238-9980 to register!
Rick's Smokehouse & Grill
Smokehouse Salad - large salad topped with your choice of meat, dressing, and a piece of Texas toast for $10.99 ($11.99 for brisket option) Protein options include pork, sliced chicken, beef brisket, sweet honey chicken, ham, salmon, pulled Turkey, Italian beef, or meatless! Stop by or place an order online.
Saratoga has several healthy options, but here you'll find a select few to try! Be on the lookout for some new healthy menu items coming very soon. Stop by, or order online.
- Mediterranean Toga Bowl (Vegan and Vegetarian)- Falafel, house-made hummus, grain salad, spring mix, parsley, green onions, crispy garbanzo beans, and pita chips.
- Roasted Beet Salad (Vegetarian)- Fresh beets, pistachios, mandarin oranges, peppers, avocado, sunflower seeds, goat cheese, field greens.
- Greek Salad (Vegetarian) -Romaine, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, Kalamata olives, feta cheese tossed in our Mediterranean Dressing.
- Asian Vegetable Wrap (Vegetarian)-Mixed blend of vegetables, rice pilaf, Asian sauce, and almonds. Also available "unwrapped."
Terre Haute Children's Museum
Come test your strength, stamina and agility on the Ropes Challenge Course at the Terre Haute Children's Museum. This 2-story ropes course features 20+ elements to conquer right in Downtown Terre Haute. This is a great family-friendly activity that tests not only your physical, but mental skills, too. Check out the details about the Ropes Challenge Course here!
The Dance Studio
Ballroom dancing includes a range of health benefits: increased muscle tone, low-impact on the bones and joints, increased flexibility, burns fat, increased endurance, and social connectivity. The Dance Studio is offering 6 lessons for $275 with promo code DANCE at checkout.
Terre Haute Intensity Resistance and Sports Training
THIRST is offering 10% off on personal training for new clients starting January 2023 for their initial three months. This can save clients up to nearly $100 off for their initial three months. Check out the details of THIRST's Personal Training program options.
Tobacco Free Vigo + Tobacco Prevention & Cessation of Sullivan - program of CASY
- If you're looking to quit the use of tobacco products this year, contact 812-232-3952 to receive a "Quit Kit" from CASY.
- Quit Now Indiana offers free quitting resources including coaching, "text-a-coach", a dashboard for information, and a "quit guide".
Tropical Smoothie Café
The Detox Island Green Smoothie at Tropical Smoothie Café helps you stay on track with your 2023 goals! Eat better at Tropical Smoothie Café in Terre Haute. Stop by, or order online.
Union Health Center for Fitness & Performance
The Center for Fitness & Performance at Union Health is offering a January promotion: Buy 3 months and get 1 FREE. This is a $120 value for only $85! The fitness facility houses excellent programming, including group fitness classes, spin classes, personal training, Pilates, CrossFit, and sports performance. Stop by during business hours or call 812-238-7311 to schedule an assessment appointment with a Fitness Specialist.
Vivid Smiles offers general dentistry for both children and adults, and is open 6 days a week! Medicaid and most insurances are accepted. No insurance? No problem- take advantage of the $19 and $65 special. Now offering Invisalign! Don't forget to change your toothbrush every 3 months, especially if you've been sick. Visit your dentist every 6 months to live a happy, healthy lifestyle. Call Vivid Smiles at 812-645-5088 to schedule your appointment today!
Get a no-contract YMCA membership with a $0 join fee this January. Membership includes Child Watch while you work-out, free Group X classes, and member discounts on Before and After School Care.
Thank you to our sponsors!