Terre Haute, Ind. – The Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce and the See You in Terre Haute Community Plan are excited to announce that “Community Census Day” is scheduled for April 25, 2023.
With similarities to the federal Census, the Chamber and See You in Terre Haute Community Plan have put the focus on the local level, asking for the “Community Census” survey to be taken twice a year by people in four different segments; Terre Haute residents, college students, high school students and visitors.
While Community Census Day is slated for April 25, the survey will be live and can be taken throughout Spring. The first-ever Terre Haute Community Census Day took place in 2022. The Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce was able to gather many insights that helped guide the direction of the plan. The census is meant to be taken bi-annually, so anyone who took the survey previously is encouraged to fill it out once again. Leaders will be able to monitor the progress of the See You In Terre Haute Community Plan over time through this survey.
“This is your chance to let community leaders and planners know how you feel. The survey will only take a few minutes to complete, but will provide us with critical insights to improve Terre Haute-Vigo County,” says Director of Community Engagement Josh Alsip. “Even if you participated previously, we encourage you to fill out the survey again .”
The business community has also been tapped to aid in participation. Businesses can share the survey on their social media channels and motivate employees to take it on Census Day. To ensure that the student population is represented, we are also asking our schools and higher education institutions to encourage their students to participate.
Community Census Day, April 25, has been set aside to encourage people to take the survey, although it is already online and available at this time. As an added incentive, those who complete the survey will be entered into a drawing for up to $250 in gift cards.
How Can You Get Involved with Community Census Day?
TAKE THE SURVEY
- Businesses and individuals can share the survey on their social media pages.
- Businesses will be placing signage and flyers in their locations. If you would like materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Businesses can encourage employees to take the survey. Have downtime at the office or during a staff meeting? Take the time to complete the survey. Businesses could even offer employee incentives for those who have taken it.
- Spread the word. Tell your friends and family about the survey and how they can get involved.
- Have questions? Let us know! Contact Josh Alsip, email@example.com for additional information.