Downtown Terre Haute Announces Spring Egg Hunt
Downtown Terre Haute, Ind. – Spring is in the air and Downtown Terre Haute businesses are coming together for one of the largest and most untraditional egg hunts in the area.
Beginning Friday, April 8 through Sunday, April 17 participating downtown businesses will be hiding and handing out eggs – many with goodies inside!
Egg-hunters are encouraged to pick up a “passport” at any participating location or online, which will guide them to participating businesses. With each visit – and egg found – egg-hunters will receive a stamp at that location. Once a participant collects 12 stamps on their passport, they may turn it in for a chance to win a basket full of prizes (up to $250 value). Participants can submit a photo of their card via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or turn in their physical copy to the outdoor book return drop box at the Vigo County Public Library (Downtown Terre Haute location).
“We hope to encourage people to visit Downtown Terre Haute in a fun way, getting into the spirit of Spring, while also supporting local businesses,” says Downtown Terre Haute Advisory Board Co-Chair and Vigo County History Center Executive Director Marla Flowers.
Adds CASY Chief Operating Officer and Downtown Terre Haute Advisory Board Co-Chair Brandon Halleck, “Coming off of so many canceled events due to COVID-19 and the winter months, both Downtown businesses and residents are ready to get outside and visit these local businesses. Plus, the free items and the possibility of winning one of the larger prizes doesn’t hurt either!”
Additional criteria and a list of participating businesses can be found below or via downtownterrehaute.com.
- Passports can be obtained at any participating location.
- Participating businesses will be listed on the passport.
- Businesses will be provided with stamps to use on participant passports.
- Participants will write in the name of the business to receive their stamp.
- Participants may only receive one stamp per participating business.
- Businesses may have the eggs hidden within their store, sitting out at a front desk, or outside of the store front: it’s up to them!
- Prize basket winners will be awarded online.
- Stamps are only available during each businesses’ standard business hour
- Afterburner Brewing Company
- Bar Botics Arcade
- Barnes & Noble at Indiana State
- CENTURY 21 Elite
- Common Ground Yoga
- Federal Coffee & Fine Foods
- Greek’s Pizzeria
- Hendrich Title Company
- J. Ford’s Black Angus
- Maggie & Moe’s Poplar Flowers
- Mogger’s Restaurant
- Morgan Stanley
- Pride Center of Terre Haute
- Ruoff Mortgage
- Saratoga Restaurant
- Scout’s Pizzeria
- Snapped – A Selfie Experience
- Swope Art Museum
- Taco Luv
- Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce
- Terre Haute Children’s Museum
- The Dance Studio
- The Verve
- United Way of the Wabash Valley
- Vigo County History Center
- Vigo County Public Library
- Wabash Valley Community Foundation
- Wellness Box Inc.