The Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce would like to thank Chamber member, Mosaic for serving as our Member Spotlight for the week.
March is National Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month. Mosaic is celebrating with the theme “BOLD Lives.” What is BOLD? BOLD is living the life you choose, not the life someone else chooses for you. Click here for more information about National Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month.
Learn more about Mosaic: History of Mosaic in Terre Haute
Mosaic in Terre Haute began providing services in October 1987. The Dixie Bee and East Glenn group homes were the first to open, each serving eight adults with intellectual disabilities. Two years later, the Woodbine and Riley group homes opened and each served six children with intellectual disabilities.
In 1993, the Terre Haute agency began providing in-home Support Services to individuals who live with their families through the Medicaid Waiver Program. This program grew to include a Supported Living Program that assists individuals to live independently in their own homes and apartments in the community.
In 2011, Mosaic opened its Meaningful Day Program. The Meaningful Day Program is conducted out of the Mosaic office and is designed to teach individuals both daily living social, and community skills.
Activities in the day program include current events, domestic skills training, exercise, fitness, volunteering, community involvement and job training.
In 2014 Mosaic began offering a Wellness Coordination Program to the community. Our personalized medical coordination by our Registered Nurse Includes:
- Development of tailored, individual-focused Wellness Coordination Plans.
- Maintenance and routine monitoring of a participant’s Wellness Coordination Plan and the medical services required to manage his/her healthcare needs.
- Assessments, documentation reviews and face-to-face visits.
In 2016 Mosaic completed construction on a new 2,300 sq. ft duplex housing development for the six children currently served by Mosaic. This home has six bedrooms and a large yard for recreation. This home was built to replace the home in the Lakewood subdivision in Riley where the children previously resided.
Mosaic in Terre Haute Today
- A total of 70 individuals are served at Mosaic in Terre Haute.
- The organization serves 28 individuals in four adult group homes.
- 19 individuals are served through the Supported Living program and four are served through Support Services care.
- A total 30 individuals participate in our Wellness Program.
- Ten individuals are serviced through the wellness coordination program.
- The current age range of individuals served is 5 to 63.
- Length of individuals in service ranges from less than one year to 26 years.
- Several of the individuals served by Mosaic are currently employed at various locations in the community to include McDonald’s, Goodwill, TJ Maxx store and at the Mosaic office.
- 35 individuals are served through the Meaningful Day Program.
- Mosaic in Terre Haute employs approximately 100 full time and part-time staff.
Mosaic is a faith-based, non-profit 501(c) (3) organization that is dedicated to providing a meaningful life in a caring community and giving a voice to the needs of the individuals with intellectual disabilities. The mission of Mosaic is “Embracing God’s call, Mosaic relentlessly pursues opportunities that empower people.” Real Life. Real Possibilities.