Thank you for your interest and support of the Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce’s Advocacy initiatives. Below are some highlights from our recent activities, as well as some upcoming events:
The Chamber has partnered with RJL Solutions to enhance our Advocacy efforts. Attached to this email you will find a bill tracker report which provides details on all the bills currently being monitored on our behalf. As someone who is interested in our advocacy efforts, we will be providing these to you throughout the legislative session.
Also, Chamber staff has been present at the Statehouse recently to support our members as they speak on behalf of bills they are supporting. This has included:
- SB233 – Foster Parent Bill of Rights
- SB234 – Education Foundation Tax Credit
- SB35 – Vigo County Food and Beverage Tax
For more information and to read testimony from hearings related to these bills, check out the Chamber’s Twitter account (@THCofC). Please continue to monitor this account as we live tweet from events and future statehouse visits.
Also, please mark your calendars to attend the following:
- Groundhog Day Economic Forecast – Keynote Speaker IEDC President Elaine Bedel. moderated by Gerry Dick. If you have not already done so, please reserve your seat and be sure to note the new program start time of 8:30am.
- Advocacy Educational Forum: January 26, 8am @ Chamber – Legislative Update
As always, if you have any questions or concerns regarding the Chamber’s Advocacy efforts, please do not hesitate to reach out.