Chamber Announces New Board Chair, Additional Volunteer Appointments
Terre Haute, IN – The Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce welcomes a new Chair of the Board of Directors and additional new volunteer leadership representatives, serving throughout the year.
As with each new year, the Chamber gains a new Board of Directors Chair. The 2018 Board will be led by Keith Carter, Partner at Kemper CPA Group LLP. Carter is no stranger to the Chamber, having served on the Board of Directors since 2012, holding positions as Treasurer and First Vice Chair in the past.
“The Chamber has been a great resource to both myself and Kemper CPA over the years, I truly believe in the Chamber’s mission and I’m honored to serve in this capacity,” Carter says. “We have a strong board in place with a very clear direction of where we want to take the Chamber and the Wabash Valley business community in 2018. I’m anxious to get to work with the staff and my fellow board members.”
A native of Robinson, Ill. Carter is a 1994 graduate of Indiana State University with a degree in Accounting. He’s worked with Kemper CPA Group since 1999 and specializes in Complete Accounting Outsourcing; corporate, partnership, and individual taxation; revenue bond financing and, contract and financial negotiations.
“We’re going into 2018 with big goals in mind for the Chamber’s overall strategic plan which will not only make us more productive internally, but will also make our services even more valuable to our members,” Chamber President David Haynes says. “As we move forward Keith is the ideal person to be leading that charge. He’s a great financial sounding board, but he’s also encouraging and innovative. I see great things coming from his leadership.”
Additional leadership positions for 2018 include:
- First Vice Chair/Nominating – Brian Kooistra, Garmong Construction Services
- Immediate Past Chair/Chamber Foundation – Marla Flowers, Hulman & Company
- Treasurer – Ellie Caldwell, Sackrider & Company, Inc
- Governance – Curt Wilkinson, Wilkinson, Goeller, Modesitt, Wilkinson & Drummy
- Strategic Plan – Lori Danielson, GoTime Coaching
- Advocacy – Sara Smith, Sycamore Engineering
- Workforce Partnership – Lea Anne Crooks, Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana