A message from Gene Griffin and the Griffin Bike Park:
We are excited to announce our Grand Opening on October 15th & 16th. I think it will be one of the Highlights of the Year. We have local and national celebrities that will be attending the Ribbon Cutting and other events of the festival. It will be an action packed weekend for the whole family with plenty of excitement, food and music. Flyer with details attached! I’ve also put links here for your convenience:
To do this, we need your help. Through your sponsorship, we will be able to produce a top quality event as well as support the continued building efforts to expand our 300 acre Park in 2017. We believe the robust benefits offered for our event sponsors goes far beyond the expectations of most, with recognition lasting for the life of the park in three of the four options.
THANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION!! And, please get in touch if you have any questions. We’d love to have your support in our mission to provide a great place for families to get outside and enjoy the great outdoors. Call Gene Griffin at 812-299-8900 with any questions.
Your support is Tax Deductible and is done through a donation to the Wabash Valley Community Foundation – Griffin Bike Park.
List of Accomplishments. We Have:
* Become an affiliate chapter of IMBA (International Mountain Bicycling Assoc.)
* Become an affiliate chapter of Trips for Kids (We’re the 1st on in Indiana)
* Received a support letter from President Obama and First Lady Michelle
* Received a support letter from President George Bush and his wife Laura
* Been endorsed as an Indiana Bicentennial Legacy Project
* Been endorsed by the National Recreation and Parks Association
* 16,000+ recorded hours donated by over
* 1200+ recorded volunteers with
* 75 corporate/foundation sponsors
* Over $1,120,000 of in-kind and cash donations.
* 5- $50,000 donors: Union, Vectren, MacAllister, Friends of Griffin Bike Park, Place Based Investment Fund
* Built over 14 miles of multi-purpose trails of a 22 mile system
* Attracting 100’s of riders and runners/week. (over 2000 visitors Labor Day week)
That’s nothing compared to what’s going to happen over the next 24 months considering we have a one of a kind 200 ft Floating Trail and a Lake Jump called Ramp Airborne.
Last week, Alex Fowler, who just returned from RIO where his 3 man team built the Olympic BMX course, came is to build our Kid’s Zone and National Competition Pump Track. He will be returning September 26th to put the finishing touches on our Dirt Jumps and Dual Slalom Race Course.
By October 15th we will have three more National Competition courses with our Pump Track, 5 lines of Dirt Jumps and Dual Slalom Course.
We have booked Brian Lopes for the Grand Opening, who USA Today said is the undeniably the best Mountain Biker in the country. He will be demonstrating his skills on all our courses, plus he will race in all our races for the weekend. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg for that weekend. (File attached for our OCTOBER 15th and 16th)
Lisa Hallett is booked for the Grand Opening. She’s going to head up our 5K Trail Run. Lisa has been the star of a BBC World News Documentary featuring her “Wear Blue; Run to Remember” organization, a Ted Talks Guest, and an Ironman participant in Kona, Hawaii. Links to their bios are in the Grand Opening Event Flyer attached.
Richard Lawson, BBC National Radio correspondent, is traveling to Terre Haute and will be attending the Grand Opening to interview Friends of Griffin Bike Park concerning the World Class venue.
For more info: